View single post by Kentucky_Orphan
 Posted: Sun Jan 14th, 2007 03:49 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Kentucky_Orphan

Mana: 

Like many other issues, the reaction to the battle flag of the confederacy is all about perception. It is a shame that the flag has been turned into the symbol for hate groups like the KKK for most, and I don't see it changing any time soon. I have tried to explain the different meaning the flag has to other people to some of my northern friends, but to little effect. They have their own ideas about the symbol the flag represents firmly set in their minds. I would be willing to bet anyone on this board that both sides views are not expressed equally on this program. Any takers?

Again, its about perception. Show someone the stars and bars (the first national confederate flag), and they will have basically no reaction one way or another towards it. If the majority of people voted tommorow to remove the flag from all government buildings and public gatherings like basketball games I would not be astonished. What is upsetting to me is the fact that the issue gathers so much attention and funding from civil liberty groups when there are other issues of such greater importance.

Close Window