View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Wed Jan 24th, 2007 09:58 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

I have Team of Rivals .  I saw Kearns speak at the Nixon Library when the book came out .  She is a terrific speaker .  She also has a book on her experiences with her father going to Dodger games as a little girl.  Supose to be a really good book.

I have the Lincoln book on the to be read shelf But my friend that went with me read it right away and said it was outstanding. 

Another good author that has nothing to do with Lincoln but one of the books I am reading right now is Battle on the Bay by Edward T Cotham.  I have this book and another one about the Batle of Sabine Pass.  I heard Ed speak last year at West Coast Civil War Round Table conference. He has a great way of writing and speaking that has a sense of humor with it.  He is local to Texas- Galveston area.  Very active in Civil War activities there.  He has been printed in North South. 

This is my car book , the book I carry in my car incase I need something to read.  So it is taking me a while to read it but each time I do I am tempted to bring it in the hosue to just sit down and finish. 

My house book and number one to get read now is First Lady of the Confederacy about Varina Davis.  Also a very good easy to read book.  I was sneaky I wanted to read it and soon so I talked the book group at the Drum Barracks into reading it this month.  Also talked them into reading Craig Symonds Joe Johnston for later on this year. 
:D Susan 

Last edited on Wed Jan 24th, 2007 10:00 am by susansweet

Close Window