View single post by Doc C
 Posted: Sun Feb 25th, 2007 10:40 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Doc C

Mana: 

Doc J (Javal), I apologize, excuse the pun, for bringing personal history into this already heated (much to my liking) debate. It has no place in this discussion. I've been at odds with this topic for years having had both , slave holding ancestors and ancestors who helped in the underground railway. However, some years ago I decided it wasn't me or my parents/grandparents, etc. who did those things. I abhor racism, secregationism, in fact most ism's and was taught early in my life to treat others as I would like to be treated. Rather than make an apology why don't we try to prevent prejudice (against all people), injustice, etc. Dr. King said it best with "judge not by the color of their skin but by the content of their minds". Rather than debate apologies which to me accomplishes nothing, we should be attempting to prevent these injustices. To add to the list of apologies, what about our better halves for women suffrage. I know I'm always apolgizing to mine. Javal, does remorse connote quilt?

Doc C

Close Window