View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Thu Mar 1st, 2007 09:42 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

See I knew you would know , Tom.  I think it would be so much fun to do this with kids.  As a former teacher I wish I was close enough to a battlefield to help develop a program.  I found  when I was teaching anytime the kids could act out history or science they learned so much more.  Kids still tell me about how much they liked Pilgrim Thanksgiving or Dragon Day etc.  As they got older they had Colonial day , Oregon Trail experience and 24 hours befoe the Mast which I got to go on as the teacher hurt her back, NO i did not push her as some claim I did to get to go.  Poor thing was walking across the floor in the cafeteria and fell.  I was no where near .  But I was in the Principals office the next day telling him not to cancel the trip as he had to get a substitute for the class anyway.  So I went .  The ship never leaves the dock but you pretend you are with Dana on his voyage from New England to California .  I was up all night and loved it .   I saw kids at VMI Hall of Valour being given instructions and then marched out to the Field of Lost Shoes.  They will never forget that experience I am sure. 

Good luck with your program at Corinth . 

Close Window