View single post by medicboymatt
 Posted: Fri Mar 16th, 2007 08:01 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
medicboymatt

Mana: 

Some good stuff, Gang!

JDC, you are quite right, the homogenization of regional culture into the greater melting pot of the US is troubling, and I think it robs all of us, paricularly our children and grandchildren. They can't be bothered with our quaint tales of how things used to be, because they're in a hurry, they have to stop by MacDonald's before joining their buds in front of Abercrombie at the mall.

(Also, JDC, FYI--those stocking caps are called toques up here in the Great White North. I know it can get chilly in Texas, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to wear one as a fashion statement. They are a neccesity up here in winter, but they mess up your hair, and for other seasons, forgiddaboutit!)

We've been talking about Maryland. I'm also curious about Deleware. I know they were a Union slave-holding state, during the war. Are they a Southern-flavored regional culture, or what? I also know that they think personal and business taxes are evil, makes me wonder about their infrastructure. Anybody have any knowledge of The State Where The Credit Card Companies Live?

Close Window