View single post by Homeschool_Teen_01
 Posted: Wed Apr 11th, 2007 08:40 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Homeschool_Teen_01

Mana: 

I think you are absolutly right, Mr. Albert!!  The people of this country are too concerned with being "politically correct."  I personally think that being politically correct is going to destroy this country from the inside out!  I don't mean to offend anyone, but you can't go apologizing for something that happened (and was ended) 150 years ago!  Now yes, I believe it was wrong (according to today's standards) for our forefathers to own slaves, but that doesn't mean I'm going to apologize for something that no longer exists!

By the way.... our forefathers may have been wrong about slavery, but they were right about many other things!  We may have come forward with the destruction of the institution of slavery, but what would our forefathers say if they could see how far this country has fallen from what it was originally made to be!!!

Personally, I believe that they would be utterly speechless.  We have fallen so far from what this country once was....  I'm not trying to push my religion on others, but we need to turn to God and ask him to change us and our country back into what it was 200 years ago!!!

With all due respect,
CJ

Close Window