View single post by Doc C
 Posted: Wed Apr 11th, 2007 11:37 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Doc C

Mana: 

I've been on the sidelines long enough. Apologies don't account for squat. Are we going to apologize for slavery but continue to discreminate in jobs, housing, etc. Let's look to the future and not the past. Did an apology bring back the millions killed during the holocost, spanish iquisition, stalin's regime, etc. In my opinion, it's up to the present generations to never let this happen again, that goes further than an apology. I'm sick of Imus (his comments were dispicable, my daughter went to Rutgers), but what about the crimes going on in Darfur. My reason for this posting originally is that apologies are well and good but we have more serious issues to deal with in this country and the world. It's easier for our legislatures to give an apology than to address the more serious issues facing them. If it makes one feel better to apologize then so be it but let's do something about these more serious problems. As an aside, I had ancestors who were slave owners and others who helped in the underground railroad. What should I do?

Doc C

Close Window