View single post by last_cav1971
 Posted: Wed Jan 4th, 2006 11:04 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
last_cav1971

Mana: 

My g-g-g-grandfather was a Pvt. in the 26th Battalion VA Infantry.  He lost a leg to artillery fire at the Battle of New Market, VA. Private James L. Honaker.

His brother, who was also in the 26th, was allowed to accompany him home. Private Frederick Styrus Honaker.

Their brother John B S Honaker was Cpl. in the 26th.  He was captured during the Confederate retreat from Droop Mountain, WV.  One of only 2 members of the 26th to be captured.  He was sent to Camp Chase, OH and then to Ft. Delaware.

Their first cousin, Charles Morgan Honaker was a member of the 27th VA Infantry, or the 'Stonewall Brigade'.  He survived the war and became very successful in farming and land acquisition.

Another g-g-grandfather was a member of Thurmond's Partisan Rangers, later a part of Swann's VA Cavalry.  Supposedly a spy, I cannot find info on him.

Through marriage, I have 2nd Lt. James Barrett of the 37th VA Infantry. Part of the 'Stonewall Brigade'.  He was KIA at Sharpsburg/Antietam.

His brother was also in the 37th.  Sgt. Moses Robert Barrett.

They both married Honaker sisters.

Also through marriage into the Honaker family, I have: Henderson Dye, 37th VA Infantry.

George Madison Rhea, 37th VA Infantry.  Died or KIA during the War.

Harvey, Martin, James and John Honaker, all in the 37th VA Infantry.  James was in Co. G; the only one killed.

Jacob Honaker, Co. D, 26th VA Infantry.

Nicholas Honaker, Co. G, 37th Va Infantry and Co. D, 22nd VA Cavalry.

James Honaker, Capt., Co. D, 13th KY Cavalry, CSA.

Andrew Eldridge Bostic, Co. D, 27th VA Infantry.

Harvie Honaker, killed at Gettysburg, PA.

4th Sgt. John Deskins, 16th VA Cavalry, Co. G & H.  KIA

Also from KY I have Robert, Aaron, William David, Allen, and Samuel Pinson.  All of whom died ca. 1863.

From TX, I have Andrew Jackson Honaker, 5th Co. Partisan Rangers, Cooper's Brigade.  Died of fever on Jan. 26, 1863 at Camp Snow, Indian Territory.

Mark

Deo Vindice

Close Window