View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Sun Apr 15th, 2007 06:31 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

Richards if you want to learn more about Cole Younger and the James Gang I found a great website http://www.civilwarstlouis.com/History/jamesgangoutlaws.htm

As to the building being torn down, if it had never been open to the public and sounds like it was in bad shape.  It might have cost more to restore than to tear down.  Or it might be the people of that town consider Cole Younger an outlaw and now worth honoring. 

I booked a great speaker for Tuesday night for our round table. I know the room will be wall to wall people.  The Subject is Jesse James the outlaw years.  The guy already spoke to us about Jesse James in the Civil War,  One of our members lectured me up one side and down the other about Jesse James had no business being presented at a Civil War Round Table.  He also informed me he and his wife would not be attending.  I almost said good leaves room for others. 

The Missouri boys and the war there is a touchy subject.  Different than other parts of the country.  Another thought,  do you know if there are other Cole Younger sites that are historical sites open to the public to visit? 

Close Window