View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2007 11:56 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Because of my Hubby's work, we have lived three years in Brazil, three years in Kenya, two years in Portugal, twelve years in The Philippines, and eight years in Venezuela. One son was born in Nairobi, Kenya and one was born in Lisbon, Portugal.

Because of those assignments, we also were able to visit a number of other countries including Mexico, Peru,  South Africa, Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), Malawi, Kuala Lampur, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, northern France, plus we have visited Aruba, Panama and the Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman, Belize, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St Thomas, St Maartin, St John, the Bahamas.

My favorite place in all the world? Hawaii, USA

My favorite country? The United States of America...so great in so many ways

My favorite city? Triple tie: San Francisco, CA; Rome, Italy; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Scariest moments? 1. a mounted cavalry charge on the streets of Sao Paulo (1968) my second day in Brazil. I knew one thing. Those police meant business and you got out of the way. A very kind Brazilian guided me into a store where dozens of people cowered behind counters.

2. The morning of the overthrow of Ferdinand Marcos (the People Power Revolution).

3. The morning Hugo Chaves tried to take over Venezuela by force.  He failed and fled the country, but we had no idea what was happening, who was "good" and who was "bad" and if anarchy was about to break out and if those low flying fighter planes would bomb our neighborhood.

Close Window