View single post by Albert Sailhorst
 Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2007 08:14 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Younglobo,

As a parent of a 5 1/2 year old, I hafta say I agree with you 100%!!

First, I'd be livid with the school for failing to adequatley communicae the events at the school. To say they didn't have enough copies is no excuse at all. In light of "not" having enough copies, just how/what did they propose to use to notify the parents of kids without copies??

Second, your daughter asked a question about the flags, and you honestly answered her. I applaud you for not lying or covering up the truth. In being honest, you have maintained the trust of your child.

Third, you also told her what she should do if she's ever in that kind of situation. Again, I applaud the way you prepared your child. Should'nt a parent tell a child what to do to escape a burning building??...Or what to do if approached by strangers??

Fourth, I am glad she still believes in dragons!! For an 11 year old to have such beleifs is refreshing to hear, as that means the innocence of youth is not yet completely lost in this country!

Younglobo, give your wife and daughter a hug and tell them that you love them!! Family is the most important thing we have, and the best gift that we can give them is our time and attention!!

May God bless!!!

Albert Sailhorst

Close Window