View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Fri Apr 27th, 2007 06:58 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

I don't follow baseball like I did when I was a kid , JDC .  It isn't as much "fun".  I did for a while follow a cousin that was in the minors.  That is closer to "real" baseball.  I actually got to be his guest a few times but that was over 10 years ago now.  He was from Kirkland Washington , the team that beat Tiwan and won the Little League World Series about 20 years ago now.  Oh I have an autographed ball from those boys too as I helped support the team.  I have a real one before they started signing each other's names to the ball. 

I haven't been to a Dodger or Angel game in years.  Still watch the World Series but not like in the days of Maris, Mantle , Duke and Willie , Drysdale and Koufax.  Ted Williams, Eddie Matthews and Stan Musial. 

I use to the official teacher of Seaview Little League in Huntington Beach.  went to a game every evening and all day Saturday for several years.  Several of those boys ended up playing minor league ball, one is the baseball coach and history teacher at the high school.  Now those kids could play ball. 

Close Window