View single post by Kentucky_Orphan
 Posted: Tue May 1st, 2007 09:39 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Kentucky_Orphan

Mana: 

Am I the only one who thought this program was increadibly boring? I can't really put my finger on exactly why I thought it was such a struggle to make it through even half the program (I quit watching about half-way through), maybe the other half they really broke loose. The battle scenes didn't even get a rise out of me. Usually I enjoy  the history channels programming on the civil war, but not this. I think I will stick to reading about Shermans march and using my own imagination, thanks.

I don't really have any comment as to the "fairness" of the program, having long since given up hope for absolute fairness on such a topic as the ACW. If you want fair, no matter which side you take on an issue, you will most likely never get it. Like with the news media, watch fox news and CNN and maybe you will get a general idea of what is really going on-the same premise often times applies to the study of the ACW.

As to the marching of prisoners into suspected areas of landmines, it is indeed a warcrime. However, the confederates should have countered it will equal ruthlesness if they wanted it to stop. It's war, not a friendly game of basketball. I'm not defending the actions of the Federals in this case, but am simply being a realist. Take a page out of the Mosby book if you want such actions to cease.

Close Window