View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Sun May 6th, 2007 03:56 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

I am coming to you guys as you are the ones that would know.  I need a good battle atlas.  I have The Civil War Battlefield Guide which has good maps for some battles.  It mainly is a summary of the battles of the war.  The only maps are the major battles. 

I also have  the Offical Military Atlas of the Civil War which I swear weight 50 lbs (not really) and is a good 18 inches long and 18 inches high .  It is not a book you can hold in your lap .  The print on it is so small and the page so big that it is hard for these old eyes to see.  I love the maps in it .  I told a friend yesterday I was tempted to go to Barnes and Noble buy two of them and cut them up.  Make little files and file the maps away so that when I read about a battle I could pull out that map and use it to follow along .  Two things keep me from doing that.  First of all that would be an expensive buy and second of all I can't cut up a book. 

So what easy to handle chock full of maps Atlas would you all recommend?  Or as the commerical says paraphased.  What's on your shelf? 

Close Window