View single post by JoanieReb
 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2007 08:23 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Y'know, I'm wondering if we might be seeing a "changing of the guard" here.  It sure ain't gonna happen overnight, but I've never found a driver that I like to watch the way I like to watch my own personal NASCAR hero, Smoke.  However, lately, Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin have really been worming their ways into my sad and jaded heart.  Kyle, at a very rapid pace....

And, I thought this was kinda telling -

Generally speaking, my 14-year-old daughter tolerates my affection for NASCAR, as long as it doesn't interfere with her life.  Well, a week ago Saturday, she walked in on the race just as Kyle Busch had his first spectacular crash of the weekend, and was duly impressed with the specatacle until she found out that it was Kyle Busch, at which point her face turned white and she sat down hard and began making distress sounds. 

Then, Yesteray, during the last 28 laps of the race, she comes in, cuddles up next to me on the couch, and proceeds to cheer with great conviction for both Kyle and Denny.  Then watches the post-race interviews and annouces that she prefers Kyle to Denny, Kyle's her driver now.  AND THEN, she wants to see the points standings!!!!

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and relocate it properly, but I got me a little NASCAR fan.  Thank you, Kyle Busch.

Well, one thing, it's gonna be a long time before anyone overtakes Jr. as The Sexiest (and Most Charismatic) Man in NASCAR. 

I just wish the day would come when I could look at my hero, Smoke, without wondering "why does he remind me of a garden gnome?"  Guess I don't pick 'em on looks, ROFL.

Last edited on Mon May 7th, 2007 11:45 pm by JoanieReb

Close Window