View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Mon May 14th, 2007 03:59 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

Younglobo I think I have seen this series.  I personally would rather real historical accounts of the battles and other non fiction books about the Civil War.  I have such a stack now I don't have time for fiction .  Saying that  I do admit I have discovered Ambrose Bierce .  I read him in school but not really anything but Occurence at Owl Creek.   Dover has all kinds of classical books at 1 dollar a piece .  I ordered several interesting books.  Two of them were Bierce.  I am now a big fan.  Also Kate Chopin , Now she isn't Civil War , she is the years after the war in the rural south of Louisana Cajun country.  I keep saying how have I managed to never have read her stories.  Again short stories mainly.

My pile on non fiction on the Civil War keep growing .  I will never catch up.  Too many things to explore and read about .  Now reading only about the Franklin/Spring Hill, Mufreesboro in preparation for the Civil War Muster next month.  Then when I get home I will read the mystery novels I love that I am also behind in, then back to nonfiction. 

As I keep saying SOOO many books SOOO little time and I am retired. 

Close Window