View single post by kj3553
 Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 02:52 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

i'm still in disbelief.  how can stepmomma be so foolish ?  she just killed the company. even if she doesn't trust junior and truly believes he lacks the judgement to lead DEI, so what ?  Dale formed the company for the children, and certainly intended for junior to eventually take over.  i have to wonder if stepmomma got her advice from the same folks who've been helping out the administration.

I'm reminded of that old saying, about a person biting off their nose to spite their face. (Yeah, it's something my dear granny used to say to me.) It sounds like that is exactly what Mrs. E did to her step-son. I had a hunch negotiations would go sour when she made those comments in the newspaper about Jr. deciding if he wants to be a celeb or a race car driver.

Huh? You mean...he can't be both? ;)

As for the thought of Jr. signing with Hendrick? At least he'd get good cars and good engines. Jeff isn't my favorite driver, but I know that he and Junior are friends and would probably work good together.

I can't remember where I read it the other day, probably an online article somewhere, but the writer was detailing how DEI has fallen way behind in areas like testing and R&D. The first thought that came into my mind? Mrs. E didn't want to give up any of the corporate profits. Newsflash! You gotta spend money to make money! That's why teams like Gibbs and Hendricks are leaving DEI in the dust. I don't care how good a driver you are, if your car isn't up to snuff, there's only so much you can do with it.

And then there's this whole illegal bracket business. I guess if it doesn't rain, it pours!

Close Window