View single post by JoanieReb
 Posted: Fri Jul 13th, 2007 08:52 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Ole wrote:

Is there any more discussion to be had about that hill? I'm game to learn more if anyone has anything more.

Please do not give up yet.  I swear, I am working to put together the maps that I think will give us a real foundation for further discussion  - I've got some real headway - say, I'll post them Sunday night?  I think we need a 3-D topographical map, and, as I said before, maps of troop positions with details of their conditions (ie, how rested, supplied, commanded, etc).  For the other question ( if That Hill had been taken), need supply lines, roads for flanking positions, possible strategies.  I have a thing about starting with maps.  But, I always want very detailed maps, and tend to draw up my own.

I am working on this and serious about it - just so overwhelmed with the "paying work" that I need to catch up on:  damn bills -  they always get in the way of the things I'd like to be doing - but I have pulled out three maps that I drew up for my own edification 2 years ago; a little more work and I can compile them,  then scan and post them.

With a good facsimile of the real landscape, as it was, at the time, and a time-line, and troop details, we can really get down to business.  I did this for my own enjoyment once, back when I had time to doodle around for fun.  I just need to set aside a few hours where I can really focus.  I don't think I will have that until Saturday or Sunday - so, like I said, I'll post them Sunday night. 

I think we have something here -

I'm actually way ahead of the game on the Union Mills/Pipe Creek possible-flanking-movements thing.  That was a favorite of mine, so I have pulled out 6 hand-drawn maps I made two years ago for possible movements on Baltimore, Harrisburg and/or Philadelphia, and maybe even Washington.  Awfully rough stuff, just for my own fun back when - but, after I do the "That Hill" map ( or maps) I'll get that one going.  Westminister makes it great fun!  Oh, the possibilities!

Let us NOT give up:  I WILL commit myself to the "Hill" map being good and functional by Sunday night, just like when I was a grad student on a deadline - which was every hour for four years. Cringe! Only, this time, REAL gratification!

Joanie

(Laptops are Sooooo wonderful for travel and sleepless nights....)

Last edited on Fri Jul 13th, 2007 09:03 am by JoanieReb

Close Window