View single post by Cap
 Posted: Thu Feb 2nd, 2006 02:59 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Cap

Mana: 

A story in today's CWi (The Civil War in Four Minutes) made me think of my visit to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, IL shortly after it opened. Prior to our visit, I had heard and read a lot of negative comments about the museum being to high tech and too much like Disney World. We couldn't have been more pleased however during our visit. The displays were numerous and very well done, many in the traditional style you would find in any other museum.

As far as the use of computers and other "high-tech" displays, again we were blown away (almost literally in one theater by cannon fire). I also feel that such displays get the younger generation intersted in history and that is never a bad thing. The "Civil War in Four Minutes" and "The Ghosts of the Library" were favorites of ours. We are lucky enough to live only an hour south of Springfield and plan to visit it again this winter.

I know there are several members on this board from the Land of Lincoln. If any of you have been to the museum, I would love to hear what you thought. If you haven't been, I would recommend a visit.

Cap   

Close Window