View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Mon Jul 16th, 2007 12:14 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Thanks folks. I didn't even know about Civil War Historian magazine until I read about it right here. Barnes and Noble doesn't sell it where I live or else, if they do, it gets snapped up right away.

I checked and they have a nice web site. Guess I'll have to subscribe in order to ever see that magazine.

Meantime, I have the current issues of North and South  and Civil War Times. Both have many interesting articles, but I especially was pleased to see an article about Jefferson Davis's last home Beauvoir in Biloxi, Mississippi. I had wondered how well it faired during the devastation of Katrina and the answer turns out to be not well at all.

We visited Beauvoir the year before Katrina. I loved the place so much I wanted to live right there! The article shows all the dismaying damage and describes all the effort going into restoring the buildings and the priceless artifacts. that did not get washed away or permanently destroyed. I'm really glad there are people who care enough to help bring Beauvoir back to its former beauty.

Close Window