View single post by Ronayne64
 Posted: Sun Aug 26th, 2007 01:06 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Ronayne64

Mana: 

I think they work well together.  In my opinion American Brutus was more about the leading up to the assassination and Manhunt was what happened afterward.  There are ALOT of great civil war books out there that are not being made into movies, so I wouldn't get too upset at 1 being chosen over another.  I think Gods and Generals hurt that area of a film making so why take a risk on American Brutus when Manhunt was already a huge success.

Also, it isn't as if Swanson (author of Manhunt) is just some hack writer who decided to do a book on Booth.  He also co-authored one of the best photographic histories on the assassination I have ever seen and is a member of the advisory committee of the Abe Lincoln Bicentennial Commission.

"James Swanson brings vividly to life one of the greatest stories in American history; the thrilling manhunt for John Wilkes Booth.  His beautifully crafted narrative commands the reader's interest from start to finish and, most important, he gets it right, down to the smallest detail." ---Edward Steers Jr.  author of Blood on the Moon.

Last edited on Sun Aug 26th, 2007 02:34 pm by Ronayne64

Close Window