View single post by susansweet2
 Posted: Sat Feb 11th, 2006 12:14 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet2

Mana: 

Cy you must go to Varsity one day and hear the counter people called What'll y'all have what'll y'all have.   They have special way to order too which is how I ended up with a chili dog instead of a regular hotdog with mustard.   The drive in outside is even better.  Some of the guys out there must have been there the whole 75 years.  They start singing out as they walk up to the car to take your order.  I saw the place on a pbs special about regional food places.  So when Iwas in Atlanta I went.  So glad it is clear across the continent from me in California as I am that Pat's is too.  Now Barbque.  We have good Santa Maria bar b que in California.  tri tip sandwiches are wonderful.  When I am not doing Civil War I am involved with a group from Visalia  that does Cowboy Culture at different events.  They cook cobbler in dutch overs over charcoal and cook tri tip over open fire.  Last year at the Fresno reenactment we sold made over 200 cobblers.  Also sold biscuits and gravy to the reenactors too; 

Okay I am hungry now and that is not a good thing!!!!!

Close Window