View single post by ole
 Posted: Sat Sep 15th, 2007 11:54 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

Sounds like your soulmate's level of tolerance exceeds, to a degree, that of my own. I don't shoot golfs (couldn't figure out how to skin the one I did shoot), so I only get: "when are you going to get up off your arse and do something?" Secretly, I think she's grateful that I don't hang around with the guys in bars and pretend we know what to do with the women who are doing the same thing.

If you've read the major works on Gettysburg, then you already know where you're going next. I've heard (and now for the brain stall) a recent book on Imboden's management of the retreat sounds like it is well worth having. I think I went and got it, but I don't see it on the shelves. Anyway, there are so many of those "little" books that appear to be of great value. One also recent example is Wittenberg and Petrozzi's "Plenty of Blame to Go Around." Small piece of the entire action, but an exhaustive study and, I hear, well worth having if you care about that sort of thing. And Imhof has a book of maps just out which may very well be better than Bachelder's. There's always another must-have book just around the corner.

ole

Close Window