View single post by j harold 587
 Posted: Fri Sep 21st, 2007 01:44 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
j harold 587

Mana: 

Ok while we are relating really foolish experiences with tools. I build reproductions of antique furniture. A friend had a skid of oak lumber he needed planed down. He offered me half the skid for planing it for him. I live in a woods. So rather than carrying all the shavings from an entire skid of lumber out of the shop I moved the planer out into the woods. Due to the volume of shavings I removed the discharge chute. As I was flipping shavings away from the chute for the 10th or 12th time my middle finger made contact with the blade. After an emergency room visit I finished the job , but used a stick to clear away the shavings. 

Now for the ACW connection. I just finished reading Shelby Footes narative of The federal break out of Chattanoga. As the CSA center gave way Phil Sheridan straddled a captured artillery peice in order to urge his men foreward.  Then Col Charles Harker (we share our surname) also straddled one that had been recently discharged which inparied his ability to ride a horse for two weeks. This will prove that Harkers historically have managed to do dumb stuff.:?

Close Window