View single post by Bama46
 Posted: Sat Oct 6th, 2007 03:45 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Bama46
$user_title

Mana: 

When I tell people what the batleflag was, the response is " HuH..what's the big deal?"

Now a couple of years ago, the heritage community in Illinois dedicated a monument at Camp Butler National
cemetery, to the 861 men who died in the POW camp at Springfield, Il (St Abraham's hometown). As a part of the ceremony we wished to have a color guard consisting of the various Confederate flags. All hell broke loose.. one would have thought Gen Forrest was just down the street... everydamnbody got in the act including our esteemed senators and to a man they decried the CBF because it was "Hateful". Remember we wanted to dedicate a monument approved by the US Veterans Administration with a one hour ceremony and this is the response we got. Of course, since the KKK used the 1st ammendment argument, they were allowed to fly the CBF on the field of Antietam and spew their filth, but we could not honor our soldiers who died under the flags of the CSA...so tell me again how I am a racist because I honor the CBF as well as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd nationals...much less the Bonnie Blue.

Ed

Close Window