View single post by Sarah
 Posted: Tue Oct 9th, 2007 03:15 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Sarah
anachronist

Mana: 

PvtClewell,

I know several licensed battlefield guides.  Bob Steenstra was my 8th grade history teacher and I know Joanne Lewis fairly well, as she is involved with the train station.  I've also met Barb Sanders (kind of a funny story), Chris Rebman, and John Heiser, but they probably wouldn't remember me.  The name Charlie Fennell sounds very familiar to me.  I did a quick Google search and found out that I know his name for the following reasons:
- He's a professor at the local community college and my guidance counselor gave me his name for possible career shadowing purposes.
- He's the father of a girl that graduated last year, but went to my high school.  I sort of knew her, as we were both in the musical together.
- His wife was my 4th grade math teacher.
So I guess I know OF him, but do not know him personally.

I haven't yet met Gabor Borit.  I'd love to, though, and I hope that the connections I've made through the train station will eventually result in my meeting him.

I looked into Gettysburg College early on in my college search, and it's not a horrible place.  But it's not for me.  I do want to do their Gettysburg Semester eventually though.

The Lincoln Diner is right across the street from the train station and sometimes the most wonderful fried chicken smell drifts over.  Oddly enough, I've never actually eaten there!

Close Window