View single post by indy19th
 Posted: Wed Feb 22nd, 2006 04:25 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
indy19th
$user_title

Mana: 

Although I'm ticked about this, I'm almost numb to it. What's done is done. These jerks will probably be caught and thrown in jail for a few months. I doubt they'll have the money to undo what they did.  

I'd say some kind of guilt trip might make some kind of stronger impact, but even if they are rehabilitated, we don't get our monuments back.

This is not to say that we shouldn't prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. I'm tired of activist judges (like the N.H. judge who gave a guy 60 days for years of rape) stating that the punishment won't "help" the criminal. Since when is it our job to help the criminal? We're supposed to HELP the victim, and PUNISH the criminal.

Enough is enough. It's time to send a message that this sort of thing will NOT be tolerated. 

What burns me up the most is that funds are needed to help preserve land from freaking developers. Now we have to divert funds to clean up vandalism!? Something (vandalism) that can and should be avoided? The perps, their parents, someone needs to make amends for what's been done. 

I've been planning a trip back to Gettysburg since last year. While I should be focusing in on other things, my first thought when I get to town will be to check out the damage.

Last edited on Wed Feb 22nd, 2006 04:35 pm by

Close Window