View single post by Kentucky_Orphan
 Posted: Mon Oct 15th, 2007 09:12 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Kentucky_Orphan

Mana: 

C! A! T! S! CATS CATS CATS!

I knew they had what I thought was the best offense in the SEC, but the amount their defense has improved from last year is amazing. Painful memories of the "bluegrass miracle" are insubstantial forever more. I can actually watch that game now, especially if I watch this last game following it. The only people who know how painful it is to be a kentucky football fan are cubs fans, they would understand the signifigance of this game to us. I know what its like to be on the other side (upset by an underdog), it happens practically everytime Kentucky is beaten by an SEC opponent in basketball. It is bizarre to be on the flip side of the coin for a change.

Sorry Doc, but there was no way I was not going to post on this board after that game. You still could be in the title hunt, after all (this is a crazy year). To beat LSU the way we did, no fluke (LSU played a superb game) at the end, is truly awesome. I have to say I lost some respect for the LSU coach when he compained about officiating, we beat them and square. Still, he doesn't deserve any criticism for play calling in that 3rd overtime-I thought the calls made sense-it just wasn't successful at the end.

Close Window