View single post by ole
 Posted: Fri Oct 26th, 2007 06:17 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

The young thief with (presumably) a gun has a chance for rehab (although, after a stint in prison, I doubt it). I'll go with jharold--the sex offender, especially the child-molester, doesn't offer the same promise.

Given that "molester" is a broad category and that it might be relatively easy to earn the label by hugging a child enthusiastically (and photographing women's bums perhaps doesn't qualify), I'll suspect that we can all agree that there is a horrible line that, when crossed, entitles the perp to be forever separated from society. As I am not in favor of the gummint paying for his sustinence for the rest of his (or her) life, I'd be in favor of ending that life as soon as the guilt is established without reasonable doubt. I kinda like the guillotine--a bit messy, but every bit as painless as a lethal injection. (Cruel? Because he must live in dread of knowing when he is going to die? What he did to deserve the sentence was far more cruel in that his victim has to live with his action. Payback! Let the punishment fit the crime. ) 

As for forgiveness, I'll go with Johan Steele: I can let Christ sort that out--I want the guilty perp gone forever, one way or another.

ole

Last edited on Fri Oct 26th, 2007 06:31 pm by ole

Close Window