View single post by Johan Steele
 Posted: Mon Oct 29th, 2007 11:41 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

ijontichy wrote:

Child molestation & rape is barbarism.  No excuse for it.
Yes, I do believe them worse offenses than murder because of what they force the victim to survive, and I readily admit this likely has to do w/ knowing several of the victims.
What if you knew the child abuser? For the sake of argument, what if your own eighteen-year-old son (a shy & awkward lad, with few friends, never had a girlfriend) in his role as supervisor of a church-youth-group camping trip sexually abused a ten-year-old girl under his charge? Would you be willing to "provide the rope" in this case? To turn a commonly used argument on its head, why should I take your answer seriously if this situation (or something like it) has never happened to you? Until it does (of course I hope it never does), maybe I should ignore your opinion on the matter. Do you see the point I'm trying to make here? I'm not purposely trying to provoke you.  I have known an abuser, and I would gladly have provided the rope for the man.  If he had been my son... I would have provided the rope and volunteered for the hanging party.  Why do you insist on making excuses... never had a girlfriend?  You're kidding right.  There is no excuse... she asked for it or she provoked it by the way she was dressed all are despicable arguments.

A child molestor is not a human being, they are something else, something considerably less.
On the contrary, they are human, all too human. Murder and abuse is part of human nature, it is part of your generational lineage. There is no society or moderately-sized group of humans in recorded history that has been free from it. This may be a disturbing fact to consider, but there is no real excuse to shut your eyes from it. What we can do as a society is try our best to minimise it. One way to do that, I advocate, is to sharply distinguish between violent and non-violent crimes in our justice system, particular the way we punish crimes. But I already touched on this in my previous post. Another way is to reinstall the values of moderation, restraint, temperance, and politeness that have been wiped away by the modern era of indvidualism.  Has it worked?  Were child molestation and rape more or less common in the past w/ more severe punishments?  Were they all but non existant in cultures where the punishments was quite final?  The answer to both questions is less.  Look to the Apache punishment for rape... guaranteed to scare any nutter straight.  I'm sorry but the idea that either rape or child molestation is a non violent crime... would be almost funny if it wasn't so sick.  I have known both victim & abuser... who should I sympathize w/?  Your reasoning would have me sympathize w/ the abuser... I'm sorry but no.  The victim deserves better.  The problem w/ moderation & tolerance is that we end up w/ organizations like NAMBLA, advocy groups and passionate defenders of rapists and child molestors.
If an individual ever hurt my child, god child neice etc and got away w/ it.  I assure you I would willingly kill the man so that justice might be done; I would then do my time.  Responsability.  I would have failed to protect my child, the least I could do is avenge them and pay the price for my failure.  So is it better to destroy three lives?  As I said earlier, I would willingly arrange a meeting w/ God for the man and take my punishment.  

Perhaps you would be benefited by looking at the number of repeat offenses; there is a reason the Sex Offender Database is readily accesed vis the internet.  It is because we are too tolerant of depravity.

There is a train of thought that long term incarceration is the answer... no deal w/ them like the rabid dogs they are.  Incarceration... do you understand that more is spent on a single inmate in a year than the average working man makes in the same period.  A waste of money on an individual that doesn't deserve it.

Close Window