View single post by ole
 Posted: Tue Oct 30th, 2007 01:36 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

We don't have a National Murderers Registry but we do have a Sex offenders registry. 
That has troubled me as well, David. Once time is served, the perp ought to be considered to have paid his debt. But I suspect that most parents of young chilldren would prefer to have any released convict living next door rather than an ex-molester -- if there is such a thing.

I can understand why a person could be driven to steal, cheat or murder--even rape. But the man who preys on children is a despiccable thing to be stricken from the rolls of free citizens. Life in prison or $100 in chemicals, I don't want to see him ever again mingling with other than an incarcerated society.

I believe I mentioned that "molester" is an expansive category ranging from that nice quiet boy whose curiousity leads him to strip a child naked to the likes of a John Cooey. It is not very likely that we'll ever get a standard codification of degree of offense. It remains in the hands of the state's laws and the judge's interpretation. Meanwhile, I'll have to lean Johan's way: "Vengeance is Mine, sayeth the Lord." I'm quite happy to give up that right and place the perp quite immediately in front of the Lord's bench.

ole

Close Window