View single post by Albert Sailhorst
 Posted: Wed Oct 31st, 2007 07:34 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Younglobo,

Thanks!

I admire the fact that you believe the Bible and that killing is wrong. Too few people today beleive the Bible or hold it's commandments sacred. I'm also glad that you know that I don't want to contradict you or argue with you; rather I just took your theme of bilblical justification a step farther.

I agree, this country is lacking in teaching morals and values. We teach Sex Education in our school system (which, perhaps, is a good thing) but the schools do not teach good judgement. So now we have a 16 year old, hormones raging, that has been taught what to do, but has not been taught how to use judgement in doing the thing he/she was taught. This example can be used for teenage drinking, smoking, drug use, etc.

Not all the blame, however, lies with the schools system. Ultimately, it begins at home. I'm 42 years old. When I was a kid, we had 3 TV channels, so, we played outside. We didn't have video games, we used our imagination by reading books or making up games. Only one parent had to work, economic conditions today render that nearly impossible. My parents took the time to play with us, read to us and eat meals with us. We weren't too busy for each other.

I have a 6 year old son. As I raise him, I remember where I came from and, because of that, I am who I am today....I'm a good parent who values his wife and son. The most precious gift that we can give to one another (not only family, but to other people as well) is our time....Never tell someone that you do not have time for them; it de-values their importance. If we don't have time for each other, then we're lost as a human race.

Close Window