View single post by JoanieReb
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2007 03:11 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
JoanieReb

Mana: 

I was going thru driver stats awhile ago, and read that Jr. is 6'1" and 165 pounds, while Smoke is 5'7" and 195 pounds:  They must look like  Mutt and Jeff when they hang out together.  Smoke is superbly conditioned, tho; he never seems tired at the end of a race, while sometimes Jr. seems plumb wore out.  Smoke used to run the Indy 500 and the Pepsi 600 back-to-back, now that's some stamina!

Back to the whole "globalization/expansion" thing:  This week, Speed had a 3-hour movie on dirt racing,  a few days later,  ESPN did a documentary on it (haven't seen 'em yet, had to record 'em for later).  And, Carl Edwards has just finished filming a commercial to make people aware of the historical tracks around the US,  "so that they know where NASCAR drivers come from".  Do I detect a bit of "let's try and keep everybody happy" strategizing going on?

Hey, Younglobo, want to try and taunt Mr. Joe?  I don't think he'll go for it;  Mr. Joe ain't easy, you know, but I'm goinna give it a try.  Here goes:

Hey, does't NASCAR consider those telephone books Mark Martin sits on so he can see over the steering wheel a safety hazard?  And how do his iddy-biddy feet touch the pedals on the floor - do they put blocks on 'em?

Last edited on Fri Nov 9th, 2007 03:13 am by JoanieReb

Close Window