View single post by Johan Steele
 Posted: Fri Nov 16th, 2007 07:58 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Bama I have to disagree I lived several years in Rock Island... a far cry from upscale burbs of Chicago but an area w/ some really scary areas. THe Police I knew, and they were many were pretty decent guys. Yeah there are always a couple nutters in the mix but they are a minority wether in Brooklyn, Chicago or down home USA. There are good ones & bad ones and being as closely connected to what those guys have to do & put up w/... they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

As to the knife... cop should have put two to the body one to the head. The media & hollywood like to say there are always non lethal ways to deal w/ an assailant: shoot em in the leg, taze em. I've seen the after effect of a coked up 110 lbs junkie who ripped the door off a squad car... sorry some you have to put down and a policeman has the right to defend himself. One call to drop it, the next if the enemy does not comply is to drop them before they drop you.

I still teach my daughter & SD students to run TO the police or fire dept not away from them. They'll help more often than not.

Close Window