View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Mon Nov 26th, 2007 02:14 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

As I recall, the iconic adorable, fat and jolly old St Nicklaus that we have come to love and look forward to receiving in our homes is a fairly new image. Correct me if I am wrong, but that image we know comes from a Coca-Cola santa back in the  1930s or 1940s. He was specially designed for Coca-Cola ads, but became an instant hit.  

Before that time images of Santa Claus and the other names by which he is known could feature him wearing a wide variety of colors and designs of clothing other than the red santa suit with white fur trim. These traditional santas before the Coca-Cola prototype were not routinely fat and jolly though some were.

That said, the health police are carrying things too far if they try to put our beloved Coca-Cola santa on a diet and exercise program. They can't really believe the fat and jolly santa is what is making thirty-three percent of adult Americans obese. After all, he only makes seasonal appearances. Who do the health police blame for the rest of the year?

Close Window