View single post by PvtClewell
 Posted: Tue Dec 4th, 2007 12:00 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
PvtClewell

Mana: 

Big Powell (I want to call you Boog Powell — any relation?)

Back in the day before newspapers went online and you could actually hold the newsprint in your hands, we wrote our copy with the understanding that the average reader spent a total of eight minutes per day with the product (and I suspect most of that was with the comics and obits). The average newspaper subscriber also reads at the level of an eighth grader, according to industry surveys —so take that, New York Times.

Joanie,

I wasn't being critical of the thread or discussion boards. Of course I enjoy the different perspectives offered here, otherwise I'd be making better use of my time like addressing Christmas cards or watching football games. But my focus was a little more centered. Your original premise about author bias, and specifically McPherson's perceived bias, seemed like a complaint to me. That's why I questioned the purpose. If you find McPherson wearisome, who do you prefer? If McPherson is iconic, as you say, then it must be for a reason.

I personally find McPherson insightful, well-read, and well-versed.

Anyway, what, you didn't get a flu shot? Sigh. Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids, eat chicken soup and don't call me in the morning.

Ole,

Hear!, Hear!

Close Window