View single post by Bama46
 Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2007 07:36 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Bama46
$user_title

Mana: 

I doubt the rumor about Lincoln, altho seems like there is daily a new allegation about some powers he had, in fact if you live in Springfield, IL, like I do, you are subjected to all manner of nonsense about him. Daily we hear of something he is supposed to have said that is just not so.

For example, a year or so ago, there was some book that said he was gay based on an alleged episode that could be viewed any number of ways, but it was a stretch to make Lincoln a homosexual. That, however, is just what the author tried. I don't believe anyone took that position seriously.

I would really, really doubt the rumor about Gen. Lee. Everything we know about him suggests the opposite, that he was a highly moral, and religious man. Anything is possible, but I wuld be much surprised. Gen Lee was admired by most, but not all of his men and I would think at least one of them would have broken this "story" long before now. Gen Pickett especially was bitter towards him after the war and was vocal in his criticisms.

Last edited on Tue Dec 18th, 2007 07:46 pm by

Close Window