As I rebuild CWi behind the scenes, I'm taking note of some things that would improve the site, but that we don't have the time to do. So I'm putting a call out to all those who may wish to help us out. The following are things we are in particular need of -
- For our Biography section: We have hundreds of biographies of lesser known people of the Civil War, but very few of the better known officers. Anyone who would like to help by writing Biographies of some of the better known officers of the war, your help would be appreciated. A couple of things you should do:
1) Go to our current bio section here and verify we don't already have a bio of the person you have in mind.
2) Then post a reply to this thread saying you intend to write a bio of General X, so that others don't do the same. Please make your bio concise (i.e. - just the facts, no opinion)
3) Please respect all copyrights! Make the bio in your own words - do not copy and paste from a another site.
4) Try to keep all bios less than 2 pages (single-spaced) Trust me, that's harder than it sounds!
5) Mail the completed bio to us at CWi. We will add it to the bio section being built and give you credit by name. If you don't want to be named, simply indicate that at the end of the bio.
If you are an experienced book reviewer, either at CWi or elsewhere, let us know and we have a stock of books which you can choose from. We send you the book, you review it and keep the book (free books !! )
- For our Book Review Section: We have lots of book buyers here. Please consider writing a review of the books as you read them and contributing it to CWi. You will get full credit. We know you all aren't professional writers - neither are we. We will edit you submission as needed.
OK, my fingers are tired Just look at each section of CWi, and know that our reader's contributions to all the sections are always welcome. Any questions, post here. Thanks to all...