Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Peachtree Creek - Other Eastern Theater - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Oct 25th, 2005 06:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
2Xgreatgrandaughter

Mana: 

I was just wondering if anyone has any info. on this battle (or skirmish?). I had four ancestors in the war. Three North one South.

Posted: Tue Oct 25th, 2005 11:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
last_cav1971

Mana: 

Try this link...............

http://civilwar.bluegrass.net/battles-campaigns/1864/640720.html

Mark

Deo Vindice

Posted: Thu Oct 27th, 2005 07:35 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
2Xgreatgrandaughter

Mana: 

Thank you very much for the link!:D

Posted: Fri Oct 28th, 2005 04:04 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
last_cav1971

Mana: 

Any help I can offer.:)

Mark

Deo Vindice

Posted: Tue Nov 15th, 2005 08:16 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

I've got a site I like to visit for Orders of Battle so I can check out units involved, if they have 'em listed for both sides, that is. Just checked and got a link to the battle for you. No actual info on what happened, I'm afraid, but maybe it would be of minimal help.

http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pottery/1080/peachtree_creek_ga_20jul64.htm

Posted: Tue Jan 30th, 2007 10:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Kent Nielsen

Mana: 

Hi The link to that particular battle (PeachTree Creek) still seems to exist, but the website itself is gone. I just tried it.

Posted: Sat Feb 3rd, 2007 05:23 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Kent, did you get a page that says FortuneCity in the upper left preceeded by what looks like half a gear and three dots with a narrow brown bar immediately beneath that also says FortuneCity on the left? Below this should be a tannish-beige bar that looks three times wider than the brown one saying "This site is hosted for free by FortuneCity" and there's an orange box saying "Skip the Ad." Below all this is some kind of an ad, probably for Vonage.

Anyway, if you got that page hit "Skip the Ad," that should take you to an alpahbetical listing of battles with P marked by an asterick since all the battles on the page begin with P. Hitting home at the bottom means doing it all over again. The site still exsists, it's just you can't use it easily without having to go through blasted ad pages to get anywhere.

Used to be a lot easier to use the site as I never had to go through all the ad pages. Ads on the various pages and pop-ups would be the most annoying thing to deal with. Now it takes a bit longer to get to a particular battle as you're probably looking at having to deal with at least two different ad pages before you finally reach the page you want. Makes it a tremendous pain to look at multiple battles, but if you don't mind dealing with the problems you can at least find some OoBs

Anyway, this is the link to the homepage itself: http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pottery/1080/index.htm

Last edited on Sat Feb 3rd, 2007 05:25 am by Hellcat

Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2007 11:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
Kent Nielsen

Mana: 

Hi back Hellcat. Sorry for the late reply. To be honest, I don't rememmber what I ran into on that page. But I tried the link you suggested and it works fine.:D Thank you very much for your help.

Current time is 11:46 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1924 seconds (26% database + 74% PHP). 25 queries executed.