Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

LOC lookers help! - Other Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2007 10:19 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

For those of you who cruise the LOC collection looking at photos please help me out.  I am looking for two CDV's that I believe are part of the collection however, genuis that I am when I saved them years ago I did not record the LOC #'s so finding them after my 6 year old accidently deleted my "Original Photos" folder will take an act of God.

1: showed in profile a Union Cavalryman thought to have been an Iowa Cav troop in the spring of 1865.  He was sitting on his horse w/ a Sharps carbine in hand.  No sword, standard inf brogans instead of boots and plain unadorned Sack Coat instead of shell jacket, and the standard kit of a US Cav trooper circa 1861-65.

2:  An officer (company grade) sitting on the side of the road using his knapsack as a writing desk, no pistol, no sword w/ his company's arms stacked behind him and his company spread out on the hill there obviously at rest.  The forefront of the photo was a mobile telegraph station at work.  THought to have been an unknown unit of the AoT (US).

THese are two of my favorite photos of the period and they're gone; so if ANY of you manage to stumble across either I would be eternaly in debt... might give you my daughter.  She is cute and housebroke... just don't let her near the computer.

Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2007 05:53 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

You know you wouldn't give that cutie away for any amount of money or pictures. Will start searching . I found the picture for JDC last year. Hopefully I will run across the two you are looking for. One of us here has got to know these pictures

Posted: Sat Dec 1st, 2007 07:37 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Don

Mana: 

Well, I don't know them, but now I'm interested in them! 8^)

Posted: Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 05:51 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Roger

Mana: 

And me, anyone found 'em yet? I've been looking but nothing so far.

Roger

Current time is 07:22 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1443 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 26 queries executed.