Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > Current Movies - There Will Be Blood

Current Movies - There Will Be Blood - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jan 30th, 2008 09:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Would like to hear others opinion of TWBB. As stated in a previous post, I thought it was a good film. After spending time in contemplation feel the premise is very similar to Citizen Kane. If you disagree and haven't seen CK , will tell you who rosebud is, just kidding. Would like to see comments on this and other current films. Imho, its been a good year for films with good selections for everyone. Viewing No Country for Old Men tomorrow.

Doc C

Posted: Wed Jan 30th, 2008 09:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Would like to see No Country for Old Men as I really enjoyed the book. No nothing about TWBB

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2008 06:55 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
ole

Mana: 

I'm kinda with Johan here. It is not our habit to frequent the cinema. I've seen the trailers on TV, and both look intriguing. But I'll not likely get a look at them until they show up on one of the "rerun" channels.

ole

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2008 04:36 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
David White

Mana: 

Doc:

"I drank your milkshake!"

You are right it has been a good year for movies.  I really enjoyed this film very much and glad I saw it if only for DDL's performance that should win Best Actor hands down.  I certainly see a comaprison to Citizen Kane.  DDL's need to control everything and everyone leads to his slipping into madness.  However, I doubt I'd ever sit through the whole movie ever again.

"No Country" on the other hand has the best overall cast and story.  The Cohen Brothers get West Texas and Texan right for the late 70s and early 80s.  Javier Bardem is the nastiest bad guy to come along in a while and is the undisputed Best Supporting Actor.

I left both movies impressed and was thinking and talking about both of them for days afterward.

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2008 08:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
ole

Mana: 

Oh heck, David, now I'm going to have to carve out a time to see both. See what you've done?

ole

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2008 11:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

"I ABANDONED MY BOY'

After seeing No Country for Old Men it's hard determine which is better. Both are in certain aspects similiar but in others dissimilar. Agree with Aggie Daves post. NCFOM is riveting, tense to the end, leaves you thinking (what a movie should do). LTBB is more slow crescendo with peaks and valleys. Tommy Lee Jones, I think, gives the performance of his lifetime. However, DDL also gives his best job also, better than My Left Foot, Last of the Mohicans, can't remember his IRA film, etc. Coen brothers keep getting better and better. It's hard to decide which is better Fargo or NCFOM.

I'm in a quandry, what film next.

Doc D

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2008 11:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

David

Forgot, thank goodness there's no more of "drinking your milkshake" in the oil and gas business.

Doc C

Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2008 01:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
David White

Mana: 

Well Doc, there was a little milkshake drinking by Kuwait about 20 years ago that led to an Iraqi invasion but here in the states that is probably true, but then we aren't drilling enough anymore...  But that's another topic so I better stop.

I loved Fargo but NCFOM is much better IMO, Cohen Brothers best film ever.

"I'm Done Now."

Last edited on Fri Feb 1st, 2008 01:48 pm by David White

Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2008 04:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Well now... I really enjoyed the book NCFOM now I'm going to have to go see/rent it I think it's out of the theatres up here.

Did it follow the storyline of the book or did it totally ditch it like Man on Fire did and come up w/ something dramaticly different?

Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2008 04:56 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
David White

Mana: 

It is very faithful to the book.

Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2008 07:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Argggghhh!! now I'll have to see it, no excuses.

Posted: Sun Feb 3rd, 2008 06:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

I did last night... I fully expected Hollyweird to bugger it up. I was pleasently suprised. While I enjoyed it the wife didn't. Her reasons: "Too damned real."

Current time is 02:59 am
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > Current Movies - There Will Be Blood

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3245 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 27 queries executed.