Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread

The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 5th, 2008 03:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
81st Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

Yeah. Wildthing? Ugh!!

That was Charlie Sheen in Major League. Now THAT was a wild thing! ;-)

Kyle is an extremely talented young driver, but he has made a habbit of spinning out and knocking out other drivers who get in his way. This isn't a demolition derby, although some folks like to think it is. I also found it extremely questionable that Denny Hamlin, who just happens to be Kyle's teammate, knew he had a tire going down yet stayed on the track until it blew and caused the caution that allowed Kyle to close up on Junior, rather than pull into his pit stall and get the tire changed before it blew. Up until then, Junior had "checked out" leaving KB and everybody else in his dust.

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or anything like that...

I also thought it interesting that immediately after the incident, DW and Larry McReynolds were pointing out questionable actions they thought they saw on the track. Then -- *poof* -- they changed their stories. Even before they pointed it out, I too had noticed Kyle's tires turning slightly to the right.

His car got loose? Maybe. But it's no secret that Kyle's got a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Hendrick, and Dale Jr. is the driver who replaced him.

Maybe it was "just racin'", but I can't help but wonder...

Posted: Thu May 15th, 2008 03:25 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
82nd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

LOL you know what i found out , you cant hate a guy too much if he is on your fantasy team and he wins , well not as much as usual anyway ,figured why fight a good thing . LOL now I know how the gordon haters felt back in the day.

Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 02:15 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
83rd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

with the NASCAR season winding down i was wondering if anybody had a favorite moment from this season?

also this is one of the funniest videos and its totally appropriate for this topic. its called I Love NASCAR and its sung by Cledus T. Judd. its the parody of I Love This Bar by Toby Keith.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/cledus-t-judd/33525/i-love-nascar.jhtml?id=1540170

Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 03:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
84th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

with the NASCAR season winding down i was wondering if anybody had a favorite moment from this season?

I've been away for most of the summer, but haven't forgotten you guys and gals. It's been a hectic couple of months with my mother having surgery and subsequent rehab. There were days when I didn't know if I was coming or going, but things have begun to settle back into a normal routine, and I'll try to stop by more often. Heck, I might even join in some of the Civil War discussions! :D

As for my favorite moment so far this season? Top of my list would have to be when Junior spun out Kyle Busch, followed by Carl Edwards spinnng out Kyle Busch. (Was that in a Sprint Cup or Nationwide race? Suddenly I cannot remember anything these days!)

Anyway, where was I? Oh, KB... 

What's even more fun is to listen to Kyle whine about this in post-race interviews, when all season long I've watched him spin out and run over other drivers to get the win--truck series, Nationwide series, Sprint Cup series. But when he's on the receiving end of things? Well now, that's another matter! To listen to the "If that's the way they want to race" stuff that comes out of his mouth is hilarious. Cry me a river, Kyle!

))..

Last edited on Sat Sep 20th, 2008 09:18 pm by kj3553

Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 09:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
85th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Kathy -

Please tell your Mom the Trivia Guy misses her (you too). Hope you're both doing well.

Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 10:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
86th Post
ole

Mana: 

Missy:

We all miss your mom. Tell her to get back on-line.

ole

Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 10:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
87th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Thank you, both of you. Yes, we're both doing well. And I'll tell Mom to get back to playing trivia again.

Hugs to all of you!!

Posted: Sun Sep 21st, 2008 10:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
88th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

I came home from a board meeting of my roundtable to find Mom had been online, checking out the trivia questions. So maybe she's gonna start playing again. She said she found a couple of the answers, so I'll make sure she mails them in tonight.

But back on topic...

My latest best moment of the season was watching Kyle B. have engine problems today that caused him to finish last... and watching The Biff win. Since Junior wasn't doing too well, I had to pick someone else, and even though I'm not a big Ford fan, I like The Biff.

Current time is 07:02 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5   
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3446 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 26 queries executed.