Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Thanks for the memories Brett... - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 4th, 2008 03:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire. An NFL source confirmed reports that Favre informed Green Bay Packers Coach Mike McCarthy on Monday night that he has decided to call it a career. The Biloxi Sun Herald reported that Favre's brother Scott confirmed Brett's decision. Favre, 38, has contemplated retirement after each of the past few seasons. If he indeed does retire this time, he would be leaving on a high note. He threw for 4,155 yards and 28 touchdowns this past season while leading the Packers to the NFC title game, which they lost to the New York Giants in overtime. He said during Super Bowl week that his decision would be based on whether he could withstand the rigors of preparing for and playing another season. "I think it's more: Am I willing to go through the journey, the ups and downs?" Favre said during an appearance

Posted: Tue Mar 4th, 2008 05:44 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Crazy Delawares

Mana: 

Truly a classy guy! One of the best on and off the field.
He belongs in a class with Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Dan Marino, John Elway and Joe Montana.

Posted: Tue Mar 4th, 2008 06:15 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

dang. football wont be the same without him

Posted: Tue Mar 4th, 2008 11:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Farve was one of the greats with class to boot young up and comers and current players could learn alot from his example on and off the field.

Posted: Wed Mar 5th, 2008 01:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Crazy Delawares

Mana: 

AMEN to that, Youngblood!

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Wed Mar 5th, 2008 03:18 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
ole

Mana: 

I don't follow football. At all. But the name comes up. Often. All the time. Brett Favre is a major league superstar role model. Your sons and daughters are fine if they want to be like him. I'm sorry to see that he's actually going to retire. But he's earned his rest. However, I don't think we've seen the last of him. He's the kind that don't quit. He's very much the kind of man we'd all like to be. His football career might be over, but I'll guess that he's not done with his mission.

ole

Posted: Thu Mar 6th, 2008 11:42 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

And then there's this:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080304/PKR01/80304215/1978

And to think I considered being a parent once.

Posted: Mon Mar 10th, 2008 10:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

LOL guess if the wife and I had twins they would have to be Jeff and Gordon,if you follow that logic, of course in one of my previous posts I admit thinking on calling my first son Forrest LOL

Posted: Tue Mar 11th, 2008 12:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

younglobo wrote: LOL guess if the wife and I had twins they would have to be Jeff and Gordon,if you follow that logic, of course in one of my previous posts I admit thinking on calling my first son Forrest LOL
My first son is Patrick. But his middle name is not Ronayne although it is close. 

Posted: Thu Mar 13th, 2008 02:09 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Cleburne .. as I stated in a previous thread I couldnt do it after "Forrest Gump" came out and have him endure "run Forrest Run!!" by his friends for the rest of his days.

My name is Mike and I would like to kick the crap out of that lil brat and cram his life cereal somewhere everytime I hear
"Mikey will eat it he eats everything"

Posted: Thu Mar 13th, 2008 08:14 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Younglobo I had a child in my class from a good southern family .  The father and grandfather and the child in my class all had the same first name.  Forrest.  Yes they were named for Nathan Bedford.  After the movie came out the child who was in third grade changed his name to Chip .  He all of a sudden no longer wanted to be called Forrest. 

Having the name Susan Sweet and in school always having to write it first name last . Sweet, Susan. Do  you know how many times I had someone sing Sweet Sue to me?  Or the first day at my new college how many people kept saying to me,
" What a sweet name you have . Bet no one has ever told you that before. " The evil twin in me finally got to saying ," No you are just the 999th today . "

Posted: Thu Aug 7th, 2008 03:11 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
13th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

heard on the news Brett Farve has signed back on with the Green Bay Packers......i guess being retired aint all people say it is.....

Posted: Thu Aug 7th, 2008 05:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
14th Post
fedreb

Mana: 

According to CNN ,out of retirement and traded to the Jets

Posted: Thu Aug 7th, 2008 11:10 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
15th Post
izzy

Mana: 

I always amazes me that Terry Bradshaw never gets mentioned in with the great quarterbacks.  Four Superbowls, and the man called his own plays.

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon Aug 11th, 2008 01:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
17th Post
TheColoBearer
Bearer of the Colors

Mana: 

Bama46 wrote: Bradshaw was indeed a legendary QB...he is also one of the funniest speakers I have ever heard.. Particularily if you have ever played the game... high school or whatever... you will recognize the situations and they are just hilarious coming from him

ED

Yea bradshaw is in the same class as Kieth Jackson as far as what he says during a football game.

Current time is 03:47 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4031 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 31 queries executed.