Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Storm Damage - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun May 11th, 2008 11:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

We're starting to hear very disturbing news out of Newtonia, MO this morning. As many of you know, Bush just signed a bill 2 days ago authorizing a study of Newtonia as a possible National Battlefield. It has gorgeous antebellum homes. including Richie Mansion.

This morning on CNN, one person said Newtonia was "devasted". Another described the town as "flattened". We're efforting to get info, but as you can imagine it's hard right now. Anyone living in the area that might know more are encouraged to contact us, Appreciate it...

Posted: Sun May 11th, 2008 12:20 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

a lot of places here were flattened in the storms. a bunch of tornadoes swept through my town and through the towns surrounding us. I.H. Caffey (a miller distributer and where my daddy works at) was demolished in most places. it pullled the steel dock doors out of the wall and placed them on the trucks, tore down walls and tore off roofs. a night manager even go caught in the winds of it and had a brick wall fall on him. it sent him to the hospital with a couple broken bones and a few cuts and bruses but he is ok. but it did kill a man a few miles down the raod from there. he was in his truck and it got picked up and turned over, killed the man instantly. what didnt get flattened got flooded, knocked off its foundation, twisted, had hail damage to it, or either got struck by lightening. this was the worst storm we've had in quite a while and they say we've still got a few more on the way.

Posted: Thu May 15th, 2008 03:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

i know some of my homestate got hit pretty good, but would have to look into it .

Current time is 03:39 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2854 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 26 queries executed.