Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

when did this happen. Isnt a bad thing. - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 26th, 2008 03:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

okay go to csagov.org and tell me that I am not just seeing things. htis doesnt look good. it has been 145 years cant we all just be at peace. Plesae all spirited yankees out there not chew us out. I certainly do not want any part of this goverment thing. I just want to know why no one has stopped them yet and what in sams hell are the thinking?

RTD

I am a true Confederate not assosiated with these people! 

Posted: Mon May 26th, 2008 04:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
ole

Mana: 

RTD:

No one has stopped them yet because we have a Constitution with a string of amendments. The first has to do with freedom of speech.

There are many such groups out there. Mostly, their interest in history is based on a strange bitterness over having lost the USCW -- they prefer to rant and resent.

ole

Posted: Mon May 26th, 2008 04:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

you do have a point my friend but even though I am a Confederate cant they make this treason and get them in trouble. Or can they do that only if they act, and try to break away from the union.

Posted: Mon May 26th, 2008 06:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

It's the beauty of the Internet. One need only look for the lowest common denominator, and it's easily found. My guess is this group isn't overly populated with Mensa members. Pitiful.

P.S. - I'll be moving this to "Civil War Talk". I like to keep this section for announcements concerning this board and CWi.

Posted: Mon May 26th, 2008 07:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

point taken and sorry I put it in the wrong place.

RTD

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon May 26th, 2008 09:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
ole

Mana: 

Be very careful, Bama. That's twice we've agreed this year. (Don't want to start a trend.):shock:

RTD, yes. The definition of treason is very carefully spelled out in the Constitution; scamming people out of $50 for telling them what they want to hear is not part of that definition. You may appreciate history and remain Confederate. Take a lesson from Bama, a hard-line Confederate, who at least doesn't make up reasons why the Confederacy was actually a victim.

A favorite of mine is that, for 143 years, the Federal Government has subsidized lies about American History. Ask your history teacher (if you have one) or any teacher, a question: who selects the text books used in your school? Chances are that it will be the state and local school board. Ask the same question when you get to college.

ole

Posted: Mon May 26th, 2008 11:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Hate is evil. It preys on the insecure and ignorant. Don't give it any of your time.

Posted: Tue May 27th, 2008 01:35 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

Amen Brother Bama!! I reckon now you see we were tired of seeing there backs as they scedadeled in the other dierection. We set there ready to face them and instead of fightin us the said hey how bout Yall surrender? we are tired of this war. I am only jokeing course though that is not how it happened ;)

Yes Ole I have lived in Both sides and each textbook has a different story. (I have been thrown out of class for this matter, what can I say I like yellen I people when they refuse to tell the truth about things.)

RTD

Posted: Tue May 27th, 2008 08:33 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Yep boys, we ran all the way through Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North & South Carolina and Virginia before your boys threw in the towel at Appomatox. Then we stopped running and went home. I don't think many of us westerners were whipped. Chase em till you catch em and then whip em till they run away again would be more like it.

Don't worry RTD; there are plenty of nutters out there and most more serious than them at CSAgov.org

Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 11:04 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
13th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Sorry guys after dealing w/ Ozark my sense of humor is gone.

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 11:17 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
15th Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

yeah Yankees dont tak to kindly to jokes. Johan what are you refuring to when you say Ozark? The Indian Tribe or the Place. Been to the Ozarks in Missouri Fine place, I do beleave everyone had a sence of Humor. But the Indian Tribe I cant tell much about.

Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 11:20 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
16th Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

No offense my friend but Johan think about how many states we had to whup yall threw before you (Proclaimed) that you were supposedly tired of running, The only reason we didn't make yall skedadel was because you see Gen'ral Lee said not to. And unlike our kind yakee friends we listened. Know try that for a sence of humor.

Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 11:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
17th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

The South lost because they surrendered.

In wars, sides surrender because they believe they can't win, not because one General says so. The fact that zealots can come along 150 years after the fact and want to "modify" that simple fact doesn't make it so.

Both sides fought valiantly, and we should grieve the deaths on both sides equally. I guess anything more than that is just too intellectual for me.

Posted: Thu May 29th, 2008 12:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
18th Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

oh Javal it was just a buch of foolin tis all my friend.

Posted: Thu May 29th, 2008 01:07 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
19th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

RTD,

My apologies if you were in fact making the statement in jest. Thought you were being serious. Just grumpy today I guess.

Posted: Thu May 29th, 2008 02:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
20th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

RTD no worries, I understand you're just joshing around. I usually portray one of those men who chased the rebs til he caught em and whipped them till they ran away again.

Ozark, is one of those who espouse the site you mentioned as well as others and all but outright treason. He's a liar and more; he and I had a dustup on another board and he made it personal. It's jaded me perhaps more than anything else in the last year or so.

Current time is 08:36 amPage:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4272 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 30 queries executed.