Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

I'm new here - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Dec 31st, 2005 04:33 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Hamy3

Mana: 

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and wanted to indroduce myself, and tell you a little about myself.

My name is Doug Hamilton, and I live in Stamford CT. I've been a Civil War buff all my life. My range of interests include heavy artillary and naval engagements, but isn't limited to only those two areas.

I build scale models as a hobby, and have built replicas of many heavy guns using the Verlinden kits, a cut away the turrent of the USS Monitor, a few 1/600 scale casement Ironclads, and a number of figures. I currently working on a 1/96 scale kit of the USS Keokuk, and a 54 MM figure of an Iron Brigade Sargent. I also build aircraft, race cars and other subjects that catch my eye.  I enter my work in contests, and have won awards at every level of compitition, including the prestigious IPMS Nationals. I've attached a picture of my 8" Armstrong to give you an idea of what I build.

I'm currently President of my local modeling club, IPMS CT Yankee, and also hold the position of Region 1 Coodinator for IPMS/USA. IPMS/USA is the International Plastic Modelers Society here in the States. I attend Roundtable meetings here in Stamford to share and gather knowledge, and am very happy to be associated with this fine group.

Professionally, I'm Marine Supervisor for the City of Stamford, and manage three municipal marinas and related areas. We're located on Long Island Sound and have a nice coast line where my duties include maintaining all the navigation and regulaltory bouys in Stamford's waters, as well as search and rescue operations, and any other issues relating to our coastline. I've been on the job for 20 years, and am looking forward to retirement in a few short years.

I had the oppertunity to vist a number of Civil War sites in the past year, and the most gratifying aspect of my visits was the appreciation and enthusiasim my wife showed in our visit to Gettysburg. We visited for 4 days, and not only didn't she get bored with my traipsing around, she liked it, and would like to return to see more.

I'm happy to have found this site, and look forward to participating with you all in the future in Civil War discussion, and will offer my knowledge and opinions as the occasion arises!!

Semper Fi

Doug

Attachment: 8inArmstrong.jpg (Downloaded 79 times)

Posted: Sun Jan 1st, 2006 11:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Kent Nielsen

Mana: 

Hi and welcome:) I'm a relative newcomer myself

Posted: Mon Jan 2nd, 2006 12:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Just wanted to welcome not only these two, but all new members. You'll find this to be a friendly place to banter about the war or anything else. Never be afraid to start a new topic or participate in existing ones. Again - welcome to all!

You have chosen to ignore teegdougland. click Here to view this post

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2006 03:43 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Kent Nielsen

Mana: 

Hi Jacob and welcome.:)

Current time is 04:03 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1699 seconds (23% database + 77% PHP). 27 queries executed.