New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 8th, 2008 11:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Doc C

Mana: 

A random thought crept into my mind. Which is worse the taliban/osama bin laden or the wall street gangs/aig like corporate top dogs? With the former you can legally anililate. Ah, to be back in the good ole days.

Doc C

Posted: Thu Oct 9th, 2008 12:36 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

From a woman's perspective, the Taliban would be worse because of the despicable, utterly reprehensible treatment of women they practice, something that is so abominable that these people simply must be crushed. Any group, whether under the guise of religion, or whatever pretense, that displays such brutality and supression of women is a danger to the entire world because of the possibility such pernicious ideas might spread.

Yes, the greedy Wall Street fat cats have brutalized our life's savings, bringing frustration, deep anxiety and heartache to thousands and thousands of families and individuals, but the Taliban are capable of far worse. What if the Taliban should ever get their hands on real--not imaginary--weapons of mass destruction? They simply have no reservations about using them against their enemies.

Fortunately, the US is a nation of laws. Hopefully some Wall Street fat cats will go to jail. At the least, I hope they lose their jobs and maybe their mansions and Lear jets. I felt no sympathy for a Wall Street fat cat who has an ocean front mansion a half hour from me. His wife and he had to auction off his wife's modern art collection at Christie's last week.

He also has other mansions and a Manhattan apartment. Maybe some of those will be sold off too. Ah, too bad. Shades of Enron and MCI. Unfortunately, such scandals do seem to pop up with unsettling regularity. I do look forward to watching a perp walk with some of these executives getting hauled off to the Federal pen.

Still, the Taliban and their ilk, derserve even more severe fates.  They are dangerous and need to be smashed out of existance.

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Thu Oct 9th, 2008 02:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
The Iron Duke

Mana: 

"In my opinion, we will not get the guilty parties in jail unless and until the US congress is indicted en masse. Every Damned one of them! THEY are the problem and the perpetrators. They caused this mess and now sit back with their sanctimonious finger pointing and try to deflect blame."

AMEN!  Where do I co-sign?

Last edited on Thu Oct 9th, 2008 02:04 am by The Iron Duke

Current time is 04:01 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3046 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 27 queries executed.