Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Oh boy, oh boy...... - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 18th, 2008 02:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
Marie

Mana: 

My significant other bought me a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Christmas several years ago (by request).   Best gift I ever got but not only did he gain weight, so did several other friends and relatives.   Bread, cookies, cakes, sweet rolls.   Love the dough hook.   Good for Xan...she asked for the best.

I love the creative part of cooking/baking.   Then I give the results away.   Don't y'all wish you lived closer?

Last edited on Tue Nov 18th, 2008 02:30 pm by Marie

Posted: Tue Nov 18th, 2008 02:36 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Well, regarding accesories, they're even more horribly over-priced than the mixer it self. Ole, the one on Amazon already comes with the dough hook. Probably go with the food grinder and the pasta roller set. Getting hungry just thinking about home-made pasta.

Posted: Tue Nov 18th, 2008 02:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
ole

Mana: 

Amazon is fine, but I was thinking that you might go into Jackson and check Target, WallyWorld, Sears and a few other box stores -- all of them seem to be desperate to generate sales. Accessories can wait for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Ole

Posted: Tue Nov 18th, 2008 03:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Again, friends, the mixer may be a great kitchen tool, but I've never sat down on a Saturday night to watch a movie or a game on one. This thread started out as Javal's gift, and that is the gift that would give me goose bumps. It is almost bowl season and the NFL games in December mean something - I'll take the television.

Posted: Tue Nov 18th, 2008 04:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Tim, I was actually hoping to have it for this Sunday's games, but it's looking grim. Was supposed to ship yesterday and still hasn't.

Gotta give kudo's to DirecTV though. Started researching what I had to do to actually get the HD once the TV arrived. Oy Vey! $99 for a new receiver, plus needed a new dish upgrade, plus $9.99 a month for the HD access. So reluctantly called them to order all the stuff (was going to threaten to switch to DishTV to see if they's knock a few bucks off). Real nice guy answered, pulled up our account and saw we were a customer in good standing....waived the receiver charge, dish upgrade will be free, and waived the $9.99/mth fee for a year. Nice to see a company take care of current customers rather then just running specials "for new customers only". And it will all be done Friday! Total cost - $0.

Posted: Tue Nov 18th, 2008 11:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

Just keeps getting to be a better and better gift, Joe! Now the only thing that'll make it even better is when Laurie makes you something absolutely delectable with her new Kitchen Aid, to eat while you watch your new TV!

Ole, we had hard ice cream at my DQ for years. It was one of the oldest DQ franchises in the country, started in 1951 (I wasn't working there then :)), and they sort of did their own thing because they were around so long. I definitely could've used an electric scoop--we just used a container with warm water in it!

Pam

Posted: Wed Nov 19th, 2008 01:58 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
Lincoln Fan

Mana: 

I'v asked for a Kitchen-Aid mixer for years, never received one. Even tried rummage sales. She'll love the mixer, Joe. Of, course, if she's going to bake for you, you'll have to share the TV!

Lincoln Fan (Jean)

Posted: Wed Nov 26th, 2008 11:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

So, Joe, c'mon--how's the new TV? Or are you too busy watching to post? ;)

Pam

Posted: Thu Nov 27th, 2008 04:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

LOL - Pam, it arrived at 2:30 today, got it hooked up at 2:55, and had to start work at 3. Just now got off (11:00pm), so now I'll have some time. My first reaction....

WOW!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 27th, 2008 10:46 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
Sarladaise

Mana: 

For someone whose cooking efforts consist of boiling some pasta, with sauce from a jar added, or throwing a piece of meat on the grill, an expensive kitchen appliance would be a complete waste of money, but I would certainly love the TV, ours is almost 20 years old, though still going strong. Having recently invested in a new laptop, a new TV is not an option at the moment.....

Current time is 09:48 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3514 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.