Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

I'd like to say Hi. - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jan 10th, 2009 01:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
105th Pa Vol

Mana: 

I've never experienced an internet community,  this all new to me. I have had a life long passion with the Civil War. starting as a child and hearing my grandfather talk about his father . He was the last Captain of Company I , 105th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry , Company I. mustering in in 1861 and out in 1865. I now live in Florida but my roots are in western Pa. I hope that I can learn from this site and meet folks with my same passion:)

Posted: Sat Jan 10th, 2009 01:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome to the board 105! As a former resident of both Pa. and Fla., glad to have you aboard.

Posted: Sat Jan 10th, 2009 03:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
fedreb

Mana: 

Hello and welcome 105, for your first experience of an internet community you've come to the right place, they don't come much friendlier than the folks on this board.

Posted: Tue Jan 13th, 2009 03:06 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
The Iron Duke

Mana: 

Welcome...

Posted: Tue Jan 13th, 2009 12:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

hey, whats up?

Posted: Wed Jan 14th, 2009 01:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
105th Pa Vol

Mana: 

Hey Dixie Girl,  Thanks for the welcome . Whats up? Getting ready this weekend for the annual Brooksville raid gathering in Brooksville Florida. Its the largest gathering in the state of Florida , usually drawing 3000+ participants  including artllery and cavalry, not bad for Florida a Civil War backwater compared to Virginia. Ironically , the original federal raid that the occasion commemorates consisted only of apprx 400 Union raiders in 1864. The only drawback with this weekend we are expecting colder than usual weather lows in the thirties rather than the usual sixties. brrrrrrrr.        ref: http://www.brooksville raid .com

Posted: Wed Jan 14th, 2009 12:38 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

ugh......i hate cold weather and at the moment thats all we're getting here. its supposed to snow here tomorrow and all through the weekend, i hope it misses us.

Brooksville Raid...hmmmm dont ever remember reading about that. might go google it and see what i find

Current time is 10:52 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3287 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.