Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

A horrible Superbowl - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 01:19 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

There's about 11 minutes left in the game as I type this. This is one of the worst Superbowl's in at least a decade. The Steelers defense deserves kudos and the Arizona offensive line deserves to be fired en masse.

Arizona has the2 best receivers in the NFL, yet early on allowed themselves to be intimidated to the point that they tried hardly any passes longer than 10 yards. Add to that the worst Superbowl ads I've ever seen, and a team of over-officiating zebras and I'm totally disgusted.

I thought Arizona's offense would be dominant, yet I wanted the Steelers to win, so I should be happy, right? Nah. The game sucked. The ads sucked. The refs sucked.

The Makers Mark was good though....

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 01:49 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Obviously, someone hijacked my account and posted the above using my credentials. We are looking into this security breach....:shock:

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 04:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Tom Wiehle

Mana: 

Great game, although I am in AZ for the winter I was cheering for Pitt.
People down here should be proud of their team!

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 04:25 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

I was cheering for the Cardinals because...well, frankly, I'm sick and tired of Pittsburg winning all the time. Of course, the fact that my team *cough_Browns_cough* have pretty much sucked since they came back into the league is of no help!

Although I question some of the officiating, I have to admit that this turned into a damn good game. Either that, or the gin/lemon/7 Up I had made it all look better! ;)

For a while, it looked as thought P'burg was going to take complete control of the game, but the Cards decided to play as the game went on. But--I knew when the Cardinals scored so quickly and left over 2 minutes on the clock, that wasn't good.

Ah well...football's over. NASCAR starts!! Got my seat in front of the TV all staked out for Thursday's beginning of Speed Week on Speed. Zoom...zoom!!

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 04:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Both teams should be proud. I just thought it was funny  that it went from being a horrible game for the first 50 minutes (hence my first post) to being a great game for the last 10 (hence my second post).

But as for the numerous talking head sportscasters who are now trying to say this was one of the best Superbowls ever....get a grip.

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 04:38 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

What was great was that the outcome wasn't already known after the first quarter!

Yeah, those final 10 minutes are what made it great. Makes up for the blah beginning. For a while, I just listened and started typing up some records for a Civil War archive I joined.

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 01:28 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
64thNYDrummer

Mana: 

I enjoyed the whole game except for the zebras, they could have left their hankies in their pockets about two thirds of the time they threw them. Did'nt think I had a dog in the fight, but found myself rooting for the Bidwells, now the long wait till the Keeneland spring meeting and the opening of baseball season.
Dennis

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 03:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
Devils Den

Mana: 

Hey-

The first day of spring training is a week from Saturday!  Baseball will be here before you know it!

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 05:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Ugh! Baseball...*frowns*

I've been to one major league baseball game (quite some time ago). I was visiting Montreal and took in a game between the Expos and the Dodgers. Denny Martinez and Oral Herscheiser were the starting pitchers. Snooze fest! 1-0, Dodgers until the 9th inning when Tim Raines hit a homerun, tied the game, and sent it into extra innings! More snoozing!! :P

I'll take Speed Week anytime! ;)

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2009 07:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
Mr Hess53

Mana: 

Only the last 10 minutes were good
And IMO last years SB was far better!!

Posted: Tue Feb 3rd, 2009 12:37 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

kj3553 wrote:
Ah well...football's over. NASCAR starts!! Got my seat in front of the TV all staked out for Thursday's beginning of Speed Week on Speed. Zoom...zoom!!

Boogedy! Boogedy!:D

Current time is 03:19 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1687 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 26 queries executed.